Sometimes slower is better – especially when it comes to the rate of protein digestion. While rapid protein absorption is desirable immediately before or after exercise, delayed release is probably more beneficial throughout the remainder of the day. Casein proteins are pH sensitive and gel in the acidic environment of the stomach. As a result, it can take more than twice as long for caseins to be broken down into their amino acid subcomponents than whey and other proteins. Because of their unique time-released qualities, caseins are aptly described as anti-catabolic or muscle-protecting proteins.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : Yes
- Product Dimensions : 6 x 5 x 4 inches; 4.01 Pounds
- Item model number : 1031646
- Date First Available : November 22, 2004
- Manufacturer : Glanbia Performance Nutrition
- ASIN : B002DYJ0M0
- Country of Origin : USA
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,932 in Health & Household
- #11 in Sports Nutrition Protein Powder Blends
- #20 in Sports Nutrition Whey Protein Powders
- #487 in Sales & Deals